Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Summer Vacation, Part 1


This year we didn't do a fun-filled road trip, partially driving Route 66 to our destination... instead, we flew. It was a smooth flight, and other than worrying about the poundage of our single checked bag, all was well...


The next day we headed to see my parents in Nebraska. It was kinda hot, so we got a slip-n-slide and played in the water.


The following day was cooler, and we went crazy with activities! We did the Lincoln Children's Museum in the morning, and Simmons' Wildlife Safari in the afternoon.


The rest of the week we just relaxed and focused on fireworks and s'mores...


Well, that's week one! Stay tuned to read about our more eventful (and stressful) week two... oh, and more pics can be seen on my Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Flying is great too, but I love driving across country, which I did one time. I would so do it over and over again! Love the photos. I couldn't see that animals that well. What type of animals are they? I am so inspired by blogs...

Ren
raghousenternational.etsy.com

elsie said...

fireworks and smores!?!? now that's my idea of a vacation!!