Friday, November 23, 2007

Advertising Police

So, I didn't do much Black Friday shopping today... I got up to go to Michael's with their 25% off entire purchase coupon... They opened at 6, and I left home about 5:55 since they are only a block away. I was about the 30th person in line or so, and everyone ahead of me wanted the Cricut machine they had on sale. Turns out, they only had 5 in the store. People were annoyed, but the crowds in the store thinned after they sold out, and I could really look at stuff. An hour later, when I was ready to pay for the few things I actually purchased, an assistant manager was being badgered by a woman who claimed she was the advertising police and that Michael's was committing fraud by having just of few of the Cricuts in stock. According to her, they should have had 20 of them to sell per hour for 8 hours. I wonder if she tried that crap at Best Buy earlier when they sold out of the cheap laptops that they had limited quantities of... :) Anyway, it made me laugh, and I thought I would share!

2 comments:

Reality Show Reject said...

You know, I wondered exactly how many Cricuts they would have per store! I'm glad I didn't guilt my dear old mother into going out to get that as my Christmas present! I wanted to leave a note thanking you for my beautiful bracelet I won through your Fall Y'all Giveaway! I've had it for a week or two but have been too busy to send a note! It is beautiful! Thank you so much! Great work!

Sandra Evertson said...

Funny!
Happy Holidays!
Sandra Evertson