Monday, April 19, 2010

A Thank You...



There are times when, at 43 years of age, I feel older than dirt. Having an active 6 year old boy doesn't help matters any - sometimes I think he steals all my energy! We have Disneyland annual passes, and last year made a great discovery - The 80'z All Stars - an 80's cover band that plays at Tomorrowland Terrace!



I was a teen and young adult in the 80's - I graduated high school in 1985. I grew up in a college town, and had access to a lot of great live music. I was friends with many bands, and as I grew into adulthood I would spend almost every single night of the week out at bars and clubs to support them, especially during weeknights. I kinda kept up this behavior pretty much til I got married in the mid-90's.. then I think I became dull, LOL!



But now once or twice a month I can go to Disneyland, sometimes with my family, sometimes for a mom's night out, and relive some of the terrific music courtesy of the 80'z All Stars!



My son idolizes them.. he plays air guitar and drums at home, and will copy some of their moves. And the best thing is - he loves the 80's music! He's always after me to listen to my iPod! But I digress...



Last month he got to meet the band members. He was so thrilled! They were all so great with him! When I went to see them last night with a couple of other moms, he begged to go..



I think he's counting down the days just like his mom til the next show.. Thank you, Nigel, Devo 2.0, Jamie Star and the Karate Kid for some great times! :)

2 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

80'z All Stars looks like a super fun cover band! And your little boy is adorable. :D

Network Support Melbourne said...

They look super cool. Your handsome boy really likes them. Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos.